Monday, November 23, 2009

Chocolatey Goodness!

I participated in Val's Hot for Chocolate Apron Swap and I received my package today from Nadine. OMG!!! I was napping and Earl woke me up and said you got a package and there sat this big pink box. Jace and I couldn't wait to open it up! I swear the box seemed like it didn't have a bottom because I just kept pulling more and more little packages out of it.


Here is the apron that Nadine made for me.
Isn't it gorgeous??
I can't believe how beautiful it is, and it's for me!!!!


Then Nadine made this cute tote bag and a hot pad out of the chocolate fabric.
Mallory is going to be jealous of the tote bag, but this one is for me!


Then Nadine included all of these yummy chocolates.
There are hot chocolate mixes, chocolate coffee crumble, truffles, chocolate, mint cookies, chocolate pretzels, etc......



and these chocolate scented soaps. They look just like me!!


and here is Jace trying to hide the wrapper from a chocolate he snuck. He is going nuts wanted to eat all of the chocolate up.
"Please mommy, pretty please with a cherry on top!"
(He doesn't think we should wait for Ezie and Mallory to get home to share.)



Here is the apron that I made. It's not nearly as fancy as the one I received,
but it reminds me of hot chocolate.
It's more of a pratical kind of chocolatey apron. Right??




Here is an apron I made a couple of weeks ago for one of Mallory's friends BD. I had to add the buttons at the top because after I got all done I noticed two little tiny holes in the fabric. So I added buttons and we're calling them the "Sprinkles" for the ice cream.

6 comments:

Amber said...

What a fun swap! Now you really have me wanting some hot chocolate, which I'm gonna go make when I'm done typing this!

And you cracked me up with the comment about the soaps! lol You're too hard on yourself, but I guess it's amusing! lol

NadineC said...

Oh Holy Cow! I have been sitting here since Saturday thinking "I am SUCH a dork because I totally forgot to include a note with the swap!" I was going to ask Val for your email addy...and hadn't done it yet because that package was just mailed on Saturday and it had to go all the way to NY. The post office said it would be Tuesday if I was lucky, but probably more like Wednesday before it got to its destination. Funny how it can take 3 days to get from Washington to Oregon...but MERE MINUTES to get from Washington to NY, LOL!

Anyways...about the soap...my boss has a little soap-making business on the side and she knows about all the swaps I'm involved in. I asked if she had any chocolate-smelly soap on hand. She didn't but she said she would make me some that very night - heart-shaped, she said. Uh...heart-shaped? Well, I suppose a naked fat lady DOES have a heart in there somewhere, LOL! It smelled so yummy, I sent it anyways :)

Glad you enjoyed what I sent :)

Val said...

Oh I loved seeing all your goodies that you received. It is so fun to get things in the mail. I really really love that sprinkles apron. So pretty.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a fun swap! You got some great things and I'm a sucker for gingham so I think the apron you made was beautiful! So, what do you think? Who's going to win tonight?! Have a great day! Twyla

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Looks like great fun. I finally sewed something other than paper and made a jumper and pj pants. Not bad for me! These are wonderful! Lisa

Shawnee said...

Both chocolate aprons are adorable! ANd, I LOVE the creative fix on the birthday apron. Sprinkles!!

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.