Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The 2nd Annual Brown Paper Bag Swap

I'm finally posting my swap stuff from The 2nd Annual Brown Paper Bag Swap that I hosted. I hope everyone had fun and I can't believe what creative minds you all have!


I received these super cute little pieces of pizza and bags yesterday from Valerie of All the Queens Chocolate. Thanks Valerie!!! These are going to be so cute on a scrapbook page. This is such a clever idea!! Be sure and check out Valerie's blog she is having another giveaway today.

This is the package I received from my swap partner Pam. Pam included some fabric and vintage ribbons. Thanks Pam for the extras!!!

There is a notebook that Pam made out of vintage Bingo cards and markers. Inside the pages are pieces of brown paper bags. Love it!!


and finally Pam made me some recipe cards and tags out of brown paper bags. Thanks so much Pam for everything!! You came up with some wonderful ideas!


This is the package I sent to Pam. I sent her some vintage lace on brown paper bag tags that I made for her extra goodies and then I made her 4 postcards, 4 gift bags with matching tags and 4 cards with envelopes that are made out of brown paper bags.

This is my favorite thing that I made for Pam though. I got a piece of brown paper bag and then decoupaged a piece of a pattern onto it. I machine stitched the ribbon on to the sides and the photo of the vintage pattern to it. Then I stitched on the buttons and added the yo-yo and glued it all onto a piece of canvas. I hope she likes this as much as I do!!

Thanks to all of those who participated in my swap! I had fun and hope you all did too!
See you all next year for #3!!

4 comments:

Tammy "SweetT" said...

What great swap items. I too had so much fun with this swap and can't wait until next year.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love your wall hanging! Twyla

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

This is really cool. I just inheritated a great sewing machine so I can now use different decorative stitches. I've been thinking of you as I used one of the nest and egg pictures and a piece of your homemade paper on a project. I finally have it finished and posted. Check it out!! You made the paper with little feathers in it which was just perfect. Love, Lisa

Polka Dot Moon said...

Gosh you participate in some fabulous swaps!!! Love all the goodies you made and received :)

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.