Monday, September 1, 2008

The Party's Started and Your Invited to Attend!!

It’s Blogiversary Time

My Birthday isn’t until the middle of the month so I’ll save the Birthday stuff for awhile. I don’t know my exact blogiversary date, because dummy here, did her first post on a text rather than a post and I must have deleted it. So, since I know it was this at the beginning of September, why not celebrate the whole month. Sounds good, huh?

Lets get the boring stuff out of the way first
and then I can move on to some fun things.

When I started my blog a year ago it was rather depressing. It was more of a journal to myself with the “dare” that somebody might read it. I was really depressed at the time and my blog definitely showed it. I was curious to see if someone might peek into my thoughts and think, hey, she's okay, she seems like a really nice person. I don't know, kind of weird, I do know that!

Then in February I read about the One World One Heart Giveaway. I was touched by all the nice comments and when looking at other people’s blog discovered that, Hey, maybe I wasn’t so weird.
There were other women out there that were going through a lot of the same things I was. I was also totally impressed with the art work and the talented woman that I discovered through OWOH. I was determined after OWOH to start doing more blogging and to actually leave a comment on other people’s blogs. It was hard at first. It was hard to break into the blogging community. I don’t know if some bloggers want to know your really “there for them” or just cruising by. It took awhile to get other people to actually look at my blog though. I thought about giving up several times, but I enjoyed blogging, so why not continue.

The more swaps I joined it seemed the more people I “met”. So besides having fun doing swaps I was meeting new bloggers and they actually visited my blog and eventually started leaving comments.

Now I can’t wait to see what all my blogger friends are doing and how their lives are going. I love to see what creative things everyone has come up with and am totally amazed by how creative the woman that are out there in blog land are.

Thanks all of you for making my life more meaningful and fun!!

So what I think I’ll do is I’ll have a weekly giveaway for the month of September.

  1. I’ll draw a name every Sunday evening and then start the work week off with a new prize.
  2. I’ll also be posting some games and fun things to do. Hopefully, you guys think there fun!! I love planning parties, BUT, I suck at giving them, so…….we’ll see how this turns out!!
  3. I also plan on having a featured “guest” every week to show off some of the amazing talented woman out there in blogland.

Here's What you gotta do to enter to win a prize:

  1. I made up a badge for my Blogiversary and if you add it to your blog that would be 1 chance for you to win a prize. I will make a list of my party guests so other people can visit your blogs too. Just leave me a comment on this post and let me know if your joining the party.

    http://ificouldsetmysoulfree.blogspot.com/2008/09/partys-started-and-your-invited-to.html

  2. Each week if you do a “Create A Link” for my blog I will enter your name 1 extra time for the giveaway.

  3. Everyday that you join the party and leave me a comment I will enter your name another time.

  4. You don't need to have a blog to enter ---- you just won't get the extra chance of posting the badge. But you can still do everything else.

  5. Yes, members of my family can enter. Some of them do have blogs and seeing as how I don't live close to any of my siblings I want them to join in on the fun too!! I am a fair and honest person and I WILL NOT just pick a family members name out of the hat because they are my family!!!!


Okay, I've changed the entries a little bit.

  1. I'm giving you one entry for each week for adding the badge to your blog.
  2. I'm giving you another entry for that weeks drawing every time you leave a comment.
  3. Then if you participate and post the different question and answer games I will enter your name into the drawing again for that week.

I will be adding new things to the prize packages every couple of days as I make or find things to include. I’m not sure if I will show the actual prize or send the winner a wrapped up surprise package???? I’m still debating over that one. I'll post something about the prizes tomorrow.


So anyway,

please help me celebrate my Blogiversary month

and come

*P*A*R*T*Y*!!!!

42 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherry- I loved hearing your story of how you started blogging. Isn't it amazing how people you have never met in person can become very dear friends (like you!:-) )?

How sweet of you to throw a month long party? Can I please take part?:-)

I will post your darling button (It is so cute!) on my blog, too! Lori

Heidi said...

Hi Sherry, Congratulations on your Blogiversary!...You are not alone, we all felt a bit awkward when we started our blogs, or at least I did! I would only get maybe 3 comments & was so envious of how others were so popular! :)...But it takes time...& I have found if you write about what matters to you, others enjoy it too!....You have a lovely blog! & I would love to participate in your month long celebration!....Off to add your button to my site!.....Heidi XO

Heidi said...

Me again Sherry, I will add your button tomorrow!...I need my daughter's help!....Heidi XO

Bunny B said...

Your button's so cute!! I just had to put it up! :) I've blogged! :)
Happy Labor Day!

Unknown said...

Count me in!
I love the connection your blog has brought the two of us. I feel like I am a part of your daily life again.
Cathy, who started blogging because of you. Thanks and I love you!

Therese said...

Hi Sherry
Congratulations on your blogiversary party! I've blogged about it and put your button up!
Cheers.
Therese

Beth said...

Sherry - I like the history of why you blog. No, you're not crazy. I think you're amazing! You do so much it is inspiring to me.

Your month long party sounds like lots of fun! As soon as I figure out how to get your button on my blog I'll do it. Have fun! Beth

Sammi said...

Hi Sherry,
thanks for sharing your story... I think it's great how people can share their lives and become friends through blogging... I have made lots of friends in the last few months and am very thankful!!

I'd love to join in your party! thanks!!

I have a little party going too ... a little blog candy comp if you want to come and join in!

Sammi
my blog

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It all sounds great fun!!!

Your button is on my blog and posted about your month of fun today!

Can't wait to see what you have planned.

Victoria xxx

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Count us in! We love a party and what could be better than a month long party?! You are such a wonderful blogger, Sherry. Yours holds a very valuable spot in the blogging community. It sometimes just takes a while for people to discover it (it did ours!). Happy Birthday month to you and congratulations for blogging a whole year! Twyla

Angela Harris said...

Hi Sherry! Congratulations on your blogoversary. I'm so glad you continued to blog. I will link your button also. along with the adorable dance gifts you sent Valencia. Thank you again!

Suzie Button said...

Hi Sherry! I definitely want to join your party! What a great idea, and I'm a pretty new blogger too and I have felt the same as you have! I will add your adorable link on my blog today! Thanks for inviting me!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Absolutely, I will put your button on my blog today!! I wouldn't miss your blogging b-day party!! And you reminded me that mine is comming up soon too....hmmmmm...will have to think about that.....
Congratulations!! You've had an amazing first year!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sherry! I would love to join your party if thats alright with you. You were one of the first people I met doing this bloggy stuff and you are a truly wonderful lady. I'd love to help you celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry!
Congrats on 1 year of blogging. I've been doing it for 4 years now. I don't get a ton of hits, but it seems the same 4-5 people keep coming back, so I guess I have some true pals from not only the USA, but also in Europe because of my ramblings. They like me for what I may. ; )
I'd love to join your celebration.
It's going to be a rough month as my mom is having both her eyes (cataracts) done this month and she'll turn 78 on the 23rd.

Jessica Rodarte said...

Happy Blogiversary Sherry! :) Thank you for inviting me. You are the sweetest blogger ever. I will definitely be posting your button on my blog. Hugs friend. :)

Betty said...

Happy Blogaversary!!

Unknown said...

I will put the party button on my blog tomorrow! Count me in...Melinda

Anonymous said...

Please include me in your party! I put your button in my sidebar. I'd love to participate. Happy Blogiversary to you, too!

- Deborah

Marcia said...

Love a party! Congrats on your blogiversary.

Wanda said...

Sherry, Happy Blogoversary!! Thanks for the invite. :) I'd love to join. I'll post the pic a little later after the boys have gone to school and things get calm here. :) I'm glad you are doing this...it reminded me that I started blogging in SEP 2007 as well. Now I need to come up with something nifty as well. I love your button by the way. Take care and have fun.

Wanda

The Rozell Family said...

hey
what a cool idea! I will put your badge on my site! Happy Birthday:)

Emily in Texas

Suzie Button said...

Good Morning Sherry, I am popping over to say hi today, and I just read your profile and you have 8 children!!! I come from a family of 8 children, I'm the 8th, and I was adopted! The only adopted child. I felt blessed throughout my life because I had five sisters and all of them, except one, were old enough to have also qualified to have been my mother, so I had mothering all around while growing up! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry!!! Happy Blogiversary!!!! =] Sorry I wasnt on yesterday, I took the girls shopping for clothes!!!!! =] Anywho, thank you so much for checking in on me!!!! =] Still not too sure whats going on... but I will email you and fill you in soon!!! =] And of course you can use the grunge mix!!!!!!! I am so happy you liked it!!!!! I wasnt sure if anyone would! lol

sherry said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary. Blogging is such a good way to meet new friends and connect with old ones. Have a fun party
sherryb

Anonymous said...

Congrats on an entire year of blogging! I LOVE your cute Birthday button and would love to join the party! You are one of the first bloggy friends I got... I'm so glad I found you and had the courage to sign up for your Wizard of Oz swap! I've only been bloging since June and I get lots of hits on my site, but not very many people leave comments. It's agree that it's very discouraging. I start wondering why I bother, but then suddenly I'll get a comment that changes everything and now I've actually made a few more friends! I think it's amazing how people from all over the world have such creative talents. We're all in the same boat together. :-)
Love, Missy

Unknown said...

sherry!! i am a total blonde, how on earth do i get your badge on my page??? lol like in post.... not on the side area!!! =] thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Your button will be on my blog as soon as my son puts it on. He has yet to show me how to do it...says its difficult. I guess he thinks I can't handle it! LOL Happy blogaversary and I think it's fun to get a surprise!!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Great party. I put the button on my sidebar. Thanks for the invite. Can't wait to visit some of your blogger friends. Lisa

Sophia Marie said...

I am joining the party!
Sophia

Unknown said...

Alexander wants to join too. We will post his "small talk" questions later today.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Don't feel bad - my first 3 entries were "page elements" and not posts!!!

Have fun with your party :)

Dawn said...

Yaaay! - I love parties!
This is a brilliant idea and Happy Blogiversary!!!
I will post all the details on my blog later today as I have to run for work now as it is 7.30am here.
Be bsck soon
Now don't you all go eating all the chips!!

Dawn

Tsosie and Peterson Bunch said...

Way to go on a year!! I found you from Heidi at foxglovesfabricandfolly. I see that you love swaps as much as I do. I have recently discovered them and am already addicted. I also know the value of a comment. Like my cousin said "it's like a little present you get to open every day." So I will post your cute button and participate. Thanks.
--Heather

KatCollects said...

Hi,
Congratulations, I would love to join the party!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniverary! I would love to join the party too.

Gretchen
birdnestcottage.typepad.com

Maureen Reynolds said...

I found you in Swap-Bot! and you'll find something about you on my blog now...plus sumthin' in the mail shortly. I'm another September baby.

cookingmylife.blogspot.com

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

*waves rather shyly* Hi Sherry, and thanks for the party :) I've just started blogging very recently, so I think I'm still at that "feeling just a little awkward" stage, but I'm relieved to know that other people went through the same stage, and came out the other side. I've put up a post about your party on my blog

Susan Hickam said...

hi Sherry! this is my first time visiting your site-i found mention of you on hedi Devlin's blog-(i'm part of the very vintage halloween swap)and though i would join the party. congrats! I've only been blogging for a little over a month but I agree it is a great way to make some new friends. Thanks for the invite to your party.

Country Bliss said...

Hi,congratulations on your anniversary, I've come to join the party and will attempt to put your button on my blog now.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Sherry,

Happy Month-long Blogoversary, wish I had thought of that last month for my own birthday, would have been a gas.

Shopping is not my thing, however, I do consider shopping to be therapeutic.

Nice story about starting the blog. You've come a long way in the year.

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/

Paula Clare said...

Congratulations on your 1 year! Many more to come!

Here's my blog:

http://www.pclouse.blogspot.com
Paula's Palace of AltAred Art

I'll put your tag on my blog too!

Blessings,
Paula Clare

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.