Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Love Your Blog Awards!

Denise from Polka Dot Moon gave me this award a week or so ago and I've been trying to decide who to pass it on to because I have so many blogs that I really love. Well, I finally decided on who I wanted to pass it on to. Here are the guidelines for the award.
  1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
  2. Link the person you received your award from.
  3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (I know, I'm bad, I only did 5)
  4. Put links of those on yours.
  5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.

There are 5 young bloggers who I really admire for the fact that they do blog and for their creativity. They are:
  1. Alexander from Zandyman's Favorite Stuff and More. Alexander enjoys woodworking, video games and he makes some really cool things out of Lego's. He is also enjoying spending time with his Dad on the shooting range and is very knowledgeable about guns and gun safety. I love your Blog Alexander!!
  2. Sophia from Sophia and Stuff is another great blogger. Sophia loves animals and is very much into the hippie era. Sophia has been my inspiration on the "Going Green" crusade. Sophia usually has some polls on her blog that are fun to participate in. I love your Blog Sophia!
  3. Ezie from Hi! It's Ezie! blog is next. Ezie is to busy to do much blogging, but when he does I love what he puts on it. Ezie also enjoys woodworking, video games, football, and wrestling. He likes to make silly Blingee pictures and MEEZ guys. Ezie, I love your Blog!
  4. Then there is Mallory from News from the Desk of Mallory. Mallory enjoys sharing things about her family as well as what is going on in her life. She LOVES to make silly Blingee pictures as you can see on her side bar and she also loves to cook. Mallory, I love you Blog!
  5. Alexis from Letting Yourself Free is another blog that I love. Alexis has been quite open about some of the things that have happened in her life. I am very proud of her and that she can share with us some of the issues that teenage girls are going through. She also has some great photos of her and her own family. I love your Blog Lexie!!

I think blogging is a great way for these four to keep in contact with each other and since all four of them live a distance from the rest of their families it is a great way to keep everyone updated with what is going on in their lives.

Their are security measures you can use on your children's blogs. I have Ezie and Mallory's set to where I have to approve any comments before they see them just in case they get one from a weirdo or an inappropriate comment. Also blogging with your child is a great way to spend some quality time with them. I love blogging with my kids!!

Thanks Alexander, Sophia, Lexie, Ezie and Mallory for sharing your lives and the things you do with the rest of us!! I really do Love Your Blogs!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you made great choices and I admire their blogging! journaling is a great thing! Melinda

Sophia Marie said...

Hi!!!

I like your blog and thanks for giving me the award! I will send it too my friends: Mckenna from: Mck'z Blog, Sara from: Stuff about Sara, and cailey's blog but i forgot what it is called :(

This is a fun party!

Sophia

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.