Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Swap Show and Tell

I didn't have batteries to take pictures of my swap items so I had to wait for my partners to receive their packages from me and take pictures so I could "borrow" them.


This is what I made for Christy for Heidi's Very Vintage Halloween Swap. Christy wanted some kitchen things so I made her 8 cloth napkins with a matching potholder. Then I crocheted her a pot and towel holder.
I also sent her some of my homemade apple/orange scented potpourri and a bag of ribbon, buttons and fibers. I also sent another bag full of Halloween goodies.

Christy sent me these gorgeous cloth bowls and an Autumn Apron that will be perfect for Thanksgiving.

Then for Genevieve's Wicked Witch Switch my partner was the ever so sweet AwtemNymf. I sent her a witch hat (she said she wore it on Halloween) a candle holder witch hat, an ATC, the homemade apple/orange potpourri, ribbons. buttons. fibers, muslim, a couple bottles of glittery paint and a bag of goodies. Oh yeah, and my favorite thing, the cute little witch. I made her a black dress, hat and cape out of an old set of my neighbors black lace curtains. I love the little witch!

AwtemNymf sent me the cutest little witch hat and shoes wall hanging. A pretty felt witch hat that she embellished and a pair of super glittery witch shoes that she made. The hat and shoes came with a sign that says, "If the hat fits!" She also sent a wooden witch that the kids couldn't keep their hands off of and an expandable witch. The kids couldn't wait to put her in water. The paint cracks as she expands and then when you take her out and she dries out she is all pretty again. She also sent the Pez Jack-O-Lantern and an ATC.

Then a few days later she had a friend of hers send me this cute witch pendent from her Etsy shop. There was a couple pieces of candy included but the kids got to it before I had a chance to take a picture.

and for the last of the Halloween Swap I did the Debra's Halloween Moons and Night Flyers Swap. We had to send an Owl, a jointed paper doll and an ATC with a witch or owl on it. My parnter was Michelle. I made an owl out of some collage paper that I had made and put some big buttons on it for eyes. Then there is the witch paper doll and my ATC. I also sent her a little tombstone, some fibers, ribbon, buttons, potpourri, and a bag of Halloween goodies. This is the paper doll. I think she turned out pretty cute. I colored her first and then I used some cheesecloth that I painted and glittered to make her skirt and put over her shirt and hat. I thought she turned out pretty cute too!

I'm finally done with the Halloween Swaps and have mailed out or about to mail out all of the fall swap packages. Then we're on to Christmas.

9 comments:

KatCollects said...

Those are great things given and received, how fun! I hope you are having a great week.
Kathy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a great spoooooky swap! It's so great to meet new people over the internet and do fun things like that. Christmas is just around the corner...

Unknown said...

Wowzie! I am truly amazed by all the creativity. Cathy

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What lovely swap goodies... I still have to show mine from a Halloween swap I did!

Victoria x

Polka Dot Moon said...

You participate in the funnest swaps!
What fun goodies :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love the paper doll and owl that you made. Very creative! Twyla

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sherry
I enjoyed seeing all your super swap goodies. I love the owl you made with its big button eyes.
Thanks for showing.
Lindsay

Beth said...

Sherry - what great swap goodies! Everyone is so creative. I love the sparkly / glittery witch. Beth

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thank you! I had a fun Birthday. Now it's on to Christmas!
Lindsey

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.