Earl and I have had a rough couple of years financially. We honestly had no money to buy our kids Christmas presents. I have been sewing and crocheting like crazy to make things (that's why I haven't been blogging), but I can only sew so much. I didn't know what we were going to do for our little ones this Christmas in regards to "S". Ezie and Mallory are wonderful about understanding that we don't have money, but they're still kids and they still want real toys not just things that mom made.
So I just wanted to share with you some of the wonderful miracles that we have been blessed with in the last week and to let you know that there are some wonderful, giving people out there that I will be eternally grateful to for making our family have a blessed and wonderful Christmas.
- My mom bought me and the 3 kids bus tickets to Kansas and is letting us stay with her for 3 weeks plus some money for food along the way. Mom, it's been a long time since you've had a house full...you may regret this gift!
- My dad sent us our Christmas money early so I was able to order the kids each a nice gift from "S".
- Someone left a laundry basket full of food on our front porch the other night and said it was from "Santa".
- Two of my kids and a friend gave us a total of $230.00 to use for Christmas and our trip.
- The kids school adopted Ezie and Mallory and yesterday they dropped off 2 huge bags full of presents and a $65.00 gift certificate to the local grocery store.
You don't know how much all of the kindness that people have shown us has meant to me and Earl. It is hard, embarrassing and very depressing to be in this position and normally I wouldn't share any of this with my blogging friends, but I am so grateful and so touched by the kindness of others that I had to share some Christmas "Magic" with you.