Monday, March 23, 2009

Here's What I've Been Working On Lately

I feel so boring lately. I haven't really had anything to blog about. I hated that Alexis Grace got kicked off of Idol last week. She was my favorite. I hope good things happen for her! My favorite shows are on all at the same time now, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Mentalist and thank goodness they are changing Samantha Who to a new night because I can only record 2 shows at a time.

So during all of this t.v. time I've been crocheting an afghan. I've got 75 out of 125 squares done. I think it is going to turn out nice! I love the colors and the classic granny squares are my favorite. I should be done in a few weeks, hopefully.


I've also been working on a scrapbook and this is just a generic page in it. I have been having fun though adding paper and stitching together. I make such a big mess with glue so I'm trying to limit the amount I use. I am like a little kid with it........all over my fingers and clothes and whatever else is within it's reach. I did glue on all the buttons though.

I've also been finishing up a couple of swaps that I'll show pictures of here in the next few days. Busy, but boring. That's how I feel lately.
It's cold here again. Like in the low teens at night and 30's during the day. I think the 40-50 degree weather was just a tease. Hopefully this cold blast doesn't last to long because spring is suppose to be here!!!!
Anthony did get over his croup last week. He was in ER all Monday night and then Wednesday when he went to the Dr.'s office they called the ambulance to have him taken 4 blocks to the ER because he needed oxygen right away. It was scary for my daughter, but the croup seemed to go away as fast as it came on. Hopefully he's done with that for a long time!! It's nice to have Anthony back over today to babysit. I missed the little guy!
Have a great day!!

9 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sherry
Your crocheting and scrapbooking looks great. Glad to hear your Grandson is over his croup.
I am shocked about Alexis. She is the young blonde girl, am I right? What happened there then? We watched the shows selecting the final 13 but have not seen it for a couple of weeks over here.
Lindsay

Melissa said...

My yards are still totally covered in snow and we're supposed to be hit with more tomorrow...but the temps are about the same as yours. That's good about Anthony being better, I used to get croup a lot when I was little. Hope everything else is good with you and your fam. Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a pretty afghan! I love crocheting, but haven't done anything for a while. Also like your 'There's No Place Like Home' scrapbook page.
I watch 'Dancing with the Stars' too! They really have a lot of injuries this time around!

Anonymous said...

Poor Anthony too! That must have been scary! My son had yearly issues with croup and respiratory things which he outgrew by about age 10. He use to have the cool mist vaporizer in his room every winter. Hope Anthony outgrows it too!

Anonymous said...

your afghan blocks are looking great! I wish I knew how to do that. and your scrapbooking is so pretty. Are you missing Kansas? I'm glad Anthany is feeling better. croup is so scary! my 12 yr old had it real bad when she was a baby.
:) Missy

Polka Dot Moon said...

You're keeping busy :) Everything looks lovely.

I watch Dancing with the Stars and Idol as well, and Samantha Who - that show is hilarious!!! Need laughter, not anymore crime shows!

Happy Tuesday! Who do you think is dancing off tonight? Steve W for me!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your afghan is going to be beautiful and what a perfect time to work on it during our favorite shows! I was shocked that Alexis got voted off. I thought she would be one of the last ones. I'm so glad Anthony is well now! Twyla

arbee said...

Love your afghan colors! It will be beautiful when it's finished... :)

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Hi there. The snow is slowly disappearing. I tried machine stitching on paper again recently also. You have an award waiting for you on my blog!! Enjoy! Lisa

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.