Saturday, December 20, 2008

Every Couple of Days Seems Like Christmas With All of the Swaps!

I received this wonderful swap package the other day but I was waiting until my partner received hers before I posted it. This swap was A Very Vintage Christmas Swap hosted by Heidi and my partner was Kim. Kim sent me 2 Little Golden books (I collect them), 2 glass Santa ornaments, a jar filled with beautiful ornaments, a Christmasy scarf, and some gorgoues and special lace that she had inherited from her recently deceased Grandma. I am going to use the lace on something special. I love everything you sent Kim!! Thanks for a wonderful swap!
Here's what I sent to Kim. I made matching aprons for her and her little girl and a matching bib for the baby. I made her son an apron out of cowboyish fabric. Kim wanted an apron and something that would involve her kids. I hope she likes pink!


The next swap is Priscila’s Vintage Christmas Stocking Swap and my partner was Ellen. Ellen sent me this wonderful package. This is package before Mallory got to it.
and then this is the opened package. A wonderful stocking, chocolates, ribbon candy, hot chocolate and coffee's, a hanging Santa, a yo-yo lollipop, a little bag that Ellen made filled with tags, a pincushion she made, and then
finally this beautiful little girl that has a planter in the back. She is so pretty!!!! Thanks so much Ellen! Everything is so perfect and I really love it all!! Thank you so much!
This is what I sent to Ellen. She collects tea cups so I sent her a stocking, a tea cup, a vintage hankie and doily, a tissure cover, a couple of yo-yo pins, some ribbon, an ornament, candies, notecards and aprons for her 2 little girls.
Please go check out both Kim and Ellens blogs and Etsy Shops!! They both have beautiful families and wonderful things in their shops. Kim makes baby carriers that are so nice for busy moms and she also has some of the cutest pillowcase dresses for girls. Ellen makes the most amazing pincushions that you have ever seen!

I also received my package from the Monique from the Netherlands for the Snowflake and Sparkles Swap hosted by Holly, but I'm waiting for her to receive my package before I post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it all! All this pretty stuff for your new home! Melinda

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherry! What wonderful swap packages!! But you, Sweetie, are the queen of swaps!:) Those aprons you made are AMAZING! When will you be listing some in your shop??? That pink one that you made for the mother and daughter is too precious for words! You need to sell them!!! FABULOUS! Lori

My DIL made this up using the pictures of my 5 oldest boys. So funny!

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

All 8 of my kids

All 8 of my kids

My 6 Grandkids

My 6 Grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

Me, Earl, My daughter-in-laws, son-in-law, kids & grandkids

The Whole Family

Use This Calculator and the Math Problem to Find Your Birthday

Calculator Code





This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

Birthday Calculator............................................................ You can try this trick on the calculator, but it will also work with a pen and paper......... (With this calculator, you have to hit the equal (=) sign after each operation.)................................... Enter the number of the month of the birthday.......... Multiply that number by 5............ Add 6............ Multiply by 4........... Add 9............ Multiply by 5......... Add the number of the day of the birthday.............. Subtract 165......... The result will show the first one or two numbers as the month and the last two numbers is the day of their birthday.

On what day of the week were you born?

Enter your birthday

(then hit the "Update" button):

Numeric Month (1-12):

Day of Month (1-31):

Year (eg. 1960):

Date of Birth:

Day of Week:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit

PARTY PUZZLE

Click to Mix and Solve

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Well, here I am - this is me, Sherry

Valentines Swap- video made by Graham Neale from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

In Your Eyes-- Only Sadness by Abby Kaplan

Swaps for 2008

2008 swaps updated

2008 Swaps cont...., Things I Participated In and Awards

Photobucket

Let's Give Each Other a Make Over! Click on Me & I'll Take you There!

Blog Archive

Labels

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!

My spirit is craving to take me here - a quiet tranquil place!
I would love to get away and just find me. Find my artistic side and just be able to let my spirit go!

Personality Test

You Are 9: The Peacemaker
You are emotionally stable and willing to find common ground with others. Your friends and family often look to you to be the mediator when there is conflict. You are easy going and accepting. You take things as they come. Avoiding conflict at all costs, you're content when things are calm. At Your Best: You feel connected, trusting, and fulfilled. You feel at peace with your place in the world. At Your Worst: You compromise your values to make sure peace is maintained. You give in to bullies. Your Fixation: Harmony Your Primary Fear: Causing conflict Your Primary Desire: To preserve things as they are Other Number 9's: Marge Simpson, Ronald Reagan, Audrey Hepburn, Jerry Seinfeld, and Abraham Lincoln.